John B. Zachary - CFP®, CRC®
Partner and Wealth Advisor
As a wealth advisor at Pathfinder, John works closely with folks who are planning for their future, helping them stay on their financial path. He also specializes in developing financial plans and investment strategies for the second generation and younger families. John has been a part of the Pathfinder team for more than 13 years, serving various roles in both planning and investments for our clients. He became a partner of the firm in 2022.
John graduated from UNCW’s Cameron School of Business in May 2009 with a BS in finance and business administration. Throughout his college career, John worked for Harris Teeter as an accounting assistant and customer service clerk. He also previously owned and operated his own business—an online retail store that sold sporting apparel and accessories worldwide.
John is one of the rare Wilmington residents who was born and has lived here his entire life—he loves all the things that this area has to offer. John is very close to his family, who all still live in Wilmington, including his mother; his twin brother, Chris; older brother, Billy; younger brother, Parker; and sister, Rachel. John and his wife, Allie, have a five-year-old daughter Piper, and a two-year-old son, Banks. In their free time, John and Allie enjoy spending time outdoors with their kids and 13-year-old chocolate lab, Mya. John focuses on living an active lifestyle by surfing, hiking, running, and traveling.
Professional Certifications, Licenses, and Designations:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Certified Retirement Counselor®
- North Carolina Life Insurance Agent
- North Carolina Accident & Health or Sickness Agent
- Financial Planning Association, Member
- Board Member, Education Without Walls (2021-present)
- Leadership Wilmington Alumni Advisory Board (2020-present)
- Leadership Wilmington Alumnus (2017)
- Surfrider Foundation, Member
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy, Member
Awards & Recognition:
- 2019 Wilmington’s 40 Under 40