John Zachary - CFP®, CRC®
Partner and Wealth Advisor
As a wealth advisor at Pathfinder, John works closely with clients who are planning for their future, helping them stay on their financial path. He specializes in developing financial plans and implementing planning and investment strategies for the next generation, successful professionals, and small business owners. John also leads our qualified plans department, which assists business owners in managing their company retirement plans, including 401(k)s, Simple IRAs, etc. John has been a part of the Pathfinder team since 2009, serving various roles in both planning and investment services for our clients. He became a partner of the firm in 2022.
John graduated from UNCW’s Cameron School of Business in May 2009 with a BS in finance and business administration. Upon joining Pathfinder, he went on to obtain his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) Professional designation in 2012, followed by his Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) designation in 2020. John has been involved in various community organizations throughout the years, and currently serves as Treasurer on the board of Education Without Walls, a Wilmington-based nonprofit which, through meaningful outdoor activities, mentors high-school-age children, helping them overcome barriers by setting academic and personal goals.
John is one of the rare Wilmington residents who was born and has lived here his entire life—he loves all the things that this area has to offer. John is very close to his family, all who still live in Wilmington, including his parents and 4 siblings (he’s also a twin!). John and his wife, Allie, have a seven-year-old daughter Piper, and a four-year-old son, Banks. In their free time, John and Allie enjoy spending time outdoors with their kids, their 15-year-old chocolate lab, Mya, and their new yellow lab puppy, Stanley. John focuses on the importance of living an active lifestyle… surfing, running, hiking, and traveling whenever he can.
Professional Certifications, Licenses, and Designations:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Certified Retirement Counselor®
- North Carolina Life Insurance Agent
- North Carolina Accident & Health or Sickness Agent
- Financial Planning Association, Member
- Board Member (Treasurer), Education Without Walls (2021-present)
- Leadership Wilmington Alumni Advisory Board (2020-present)
- Leadership Wilmington Alumnus (2017)
Awards & Recognition:
- 2019 Wilmington’s 40 Under 40, created by StarNews Media and Wilmington Chamber of Commerce. This award is based on community service and is not specific to financial services and does not imply an endorsement, recommendation, or reflect the performance of the advisor. Click here for more information.