JOB OPENING: Investment Fast Track Program
We are an established and fast-growing wealth management firm located in Wilmington, NC looking for the perfect candidate to build scale and efficiency into our practice. Are you aspiring to build your lifelong career in the investment business with an established team and foundation? Are you a self-starter that loves people but doesn’t want to miss an opportunity to crunch numbers?
Our team has an opening for an associate that will support three financial advisors and work with other support staff to help serve our clients. Our fast track program requires success at each level to move to the next.
Financial Assistant (3 Months) – If candidate is new to industry
Work with team to learn basics of our industry and firm supporting administrative, marketing, client communication and client reviews. Study and pass licenses and attend industry and firm training.
Portfolio Assistant I (3 Months)
Work with team to learn basics of our industry and particularly our firm, focusing on operations, financial planning and investment services. Obtain software proficiency in our research and trading platforms.
Portfolio Assistant II (6 Months)
- Serve active role and organizer of firm’s Investment Committee Meeting
- Trade and Rebalance client portfolios using appropriate tools
- Conduct ad hoc and ongoing investment research.
- Read, listen and distribute investment updates and reports to advisors.
- Read trade journals, books and other publications
- Maintain investment watch lists and reports.
- Maintain up-to-date performance information on investments and portfolios.
- Research and maintain historic cost basis information.
- Assist in client meeting preparation
- Update clients with changes to investments and allocation in their portfolios.
Portfolio Analyst (6 Months)
- Includes the Portfolio Assistant II duties
- Assist with asset allocation, portfolio construction, and rebalancing strategies.
- Calculate projections and report to investment committee
- Update clients on investment related issues and respond to questions.
- Screen for Investment ideas and strategies
- Interview Investment Companies on behalf of the firm and report to team
- Serve as a liaison between the firm and outside investment companies
- Monitor developments with portfolio, managers and sectors.
- Author research reports for our investment committee
Director of Investment Operations (3+ years with the firm minimum)
- Have obtained CIMA®, CFA® or similar professional designation.
- Lead investment committee
- Author and present research and market updates to clients
- Responsible for the investment management process and operations for the firm
- Train staff, both direct reports and other support staff
- Lead specific client and prospective client meetings relating to investment strategies.
- Responsible for investment operations budget and technology.
Optional Professional Path:
This position is investment focused but career track will have option for a client relationship role (Financial Advisor) in the future, depending on the candidate and the firm.
Ideal Candidate: We are seeking a friendly and responsible professional who has outstanding communication skills, and the ability to manage their time effectively when faced with a variety of deadlines. Must be proactive, committed to continued industry education and possess leadership skills. They would be at ease and possess above average proficiency with various technology platforms, superior with excel. The ideal candidate will believe they are highly organized, self-driven and proud of their attention to details. Most importantly, this candidate will possess a fanatical curiosity about the investment world and an insatiable appetite for research.
Requirements: B.S. Degree in Finance or equivalent degree. MS Degree in related field preferred. 3-5 years’ experience in the industry is preferred.
Starting Salary: Base salary determined by experience and academic credentials. Increases based on progression through the program and completion of professional credentials.
Contact: Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org